Meryl Streep’s acceptance speech for the Cecil B DeMille award was the most talked about moment of the 2017 Golden Globes after she called out Donald Trump for mocking a disabled reporter and called mixed martial arts “not the arts”.
Donald Trump fired back at Meryl (he called her “one of the most over-rated actresses in Hollywood”), but he wasn’t the only person to respond to her speech.
Scott Coker, president of Bellator MMA, posted an open letter to Meryl on Twitter explaining why mixed martial arts are more than fighting and invited her to attend Bellator MMA fighting championships at The Forum just a couple weeks later.
No word on if Meryl has accepted, but the offer is out there!
Perez also talked about the Golden Globes best and worst dressed, Ryan Gosselin gave a heartfelt acceptance speech while Tom Hiddleston’s acceptance speech got slammed, 16 people have been arrested for questioning over Kim Kardashian’s Paris robbery, Emma Watson’s ‘Beauty and the Beast’ barbie looks like Justin Bieber, Broadway celebs will host a ‘Concert for America’ on Facebook Live during Trump’s inauguration, Mariah Carey said she’s taking a break to recover from the humiliation of her infamous New Year’s performance, and Chris Brown got banned from a gym after getting into a fight with the owner.
For all the details, get the full stories from the links below
- All The Golden Globes Red Carpet Fashion
- Ryan Gosling Dedicated Award To Wife’s Late Brother
- Tom Hiddleston’s Acceptance Speech Got Slammed
- Donald Trump Called Meryl Streep Overrated
- 16 People Arrested In Connection With Kim Kardashian’s Robbery
- Emma Watson’s Barbie Looks Like Justin Bieber
- Broadway’s ‘Concert For America’ Will Air on Facebook Live
- Chris Brown Is Banned From The Gym For Fighting
-Elena Kimball, 97.1 AMP Radio/Los Angeles