By Sarah Carroll
School is back in session for most kids here in SoCal, so we thought it was perfect timing to surprise Carson Daly with a little pop quiz this morning!
According to Dictionary.com, the top five everyday words we mispronounce most often are coupon, mischievous, reservoir, prerogative, and espresso.
How do you pronounce each of those terms? Read them aloud in your head before you listen to Carson take the quiz!
Here’s a pronunciation guide, just in case you need some extra practice!
- Coupon: Pronounced KOO-pon, not KYOO-pon
- Mischievous: Pronounced MISS-cheh-vous, not mich-CHEE-vee-ous
- Reservoir: Pronounced res-UHR-voir, not res-UH-voir
- Prerogative: Pronounced PRUH-rogative, not PER-ogative
- Espresso: Pronounced ESS-presso, not EX-presso