We love to read, but honestly, who has time these days?

With work, friends, and family, we don’t have too much time for leisure, but now a new app is aiming to transform the entire literary industry.

Spritz, a speed reading app set to debut on the Samsung Galaxy S5 and Samsung Gear 2 Watch, claims it can help you can up your reading comprehension to anywhere from 250-1000 words per minute.

To put that in perspective, the average college-level reader reads at a rate of 200-400 words per minute.

That means you can finish all 309 pages of Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone in a measly 77 minutes!

Apparently, we only spend about 20% of our reading time actually processing content. Our eyes use the remaining 80% to physically move from word to word.

Spritz┬áplaces each word in the optimum location so your eyes don’t have to strain.

Try Spritzing below at 250wpm, 350wpm, and 500wpm…can you keep up?

Spritz Reading App



Spritz reading app



Spritz Reading App



-Sarah Carroll, 97.1 AMP Radio/Los Angeles


Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

More From 97.1 AMP Radio - LA's New Hit Music Station

97.1 Seconds With
Request A Song on AMP Radio

Listen Live