Every day our man Nick Cannon covers off on the hottest music, movies and stars of pop culture. Come back each day for a list from Nick as part of Cannon’s Countdown.
So, it was announced to the world that Eddie Murphy will be hosting the 84th Academy Awards. In case you didn’t know, that gig is a pretty big deal and it’s usually hosted by funny as hell comedians or fun superstars. Last year’s co-hosts Ann Hathaway and James Franco kinda bombed, but they tried mad hard. One day, they will ask the one and only “Mr. Showbiz” to handle things! In the meantime, here are a few of my favorite past Oscar hosts and their opening monologues…
5. James Franco in a leotard: priceless (and a little scary). What do you think?
4. Whoopi Goldberg as an African Queen in whiteface. What’s up with that?
3. Jon Stewart hosts the 80th Oscars: “Thank God for Teen pregnancy!”
2. Ellen: “Let that be a lesson to you kids out there, aim lower!”
1. Billy Crystal: “I look like the goalie from the SAG hockey team…”